Kumara SaladPRINT RECIPE
Such a wonderfully simple recipe – add toasted cashews if desired and if there are no oranges, sliced banana is equally delicious with kumara – just drizzle with a little lemon juice before adding to the salad.
- 500g kumara peeled, cubed and cooked
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary, optional
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and white pith removed, sliced thinly
- ½ -2/3 cup Barker’s Coconut & NZ Lime Dressing
- ½ cup chopped parsley, to serve
- Peel, cube and roast in a moderate oven until tender with salt and pepper, olive oil and a little fresh rosemary -- or boil in salted water until tender – either way, when still hot, place in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients while still warm.
- If you wish, fresh mint or coriander can also be added.
- Serve warm with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.