Kumara & Bean TacosPRINT RECIPE
Whip up some delicious Kumara and Bean Tacos for a Friday night feast with our easy Kumara & Bean Tacos recipe. This vegetarian recipe can be easily adapted for meat lovers too.Serves: 4-6
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Recipe created by Fiona Smith
Imagery by Josie at @yourultimatemenu
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 small/medium red or orange kumara, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 500g Barker’s Classic Kiwi Curried Sausages Meal Sauce
- 400g black or kidney beans, drained
- 12 small tortillas, heated (choose gluten-free tortillas if preferred)
- Your choice of toppings – choose from shredded lettuce or cabbage, avocado chunks, grated tasty cheese, salsa, sour cream, pickled onions, jalapenos, chopped coriander, or mint
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the kumara and cook a further 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Pour over the Barker’s Classic Kiwi Curried Sausages Meal Sauce and add the drained beans, then stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes or until the kumara is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in tortillas with your choice of toppings.
Tips and tricks/other usage ideas:
- If you’re feeding a crowd, place all the toppings in separate bowls and let everyone build their own taco.
- This recipe is also handy to use as a basis for vegetarian nachos. Just follow steps 1-4 and spoon your sauce over corn chips, then top with sour cream and jalapenos.
- To create a meaty version, fry 400g of mince for 5 minutes to brown, then set aside. Add this to the recipe in place of the beans.