Jo’s Seed CrackersPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created by Kathy Paterson, create for NZ Cheese Month.
You can change up the combination of seeds, but keep the chia and linseed as they bind the mixture together.
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup linseeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- flaky salt to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a large shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the seeds, ½ teaspoon salt and water in a bowl and leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir well then spread out very evenly onto the prepared tray. The seed mixture should be about 4mm in thickness.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut in crackers (any size you like) then return to the oven to bake for a further 20-25 minutes until crisp.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool then store in an airtight container.
- Served with Baked Ricotta and Prosciutto with Wilted Greens and Barker's Feijoa & Pear Fruit For Cheese.