Italian Baked SalmonPRINT RECIPE
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Recipe by Fiona Smith.
This easy Italian Baked Salmon with Barker’s Italian Style Dressing is lovely served warm or at room temperature.
You can make ahead and chill until required. If you refrigerate the salmon after cooking, take it out of the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- 7 TB Barker’s Italian Style Dressing
- 1 large or 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes
- 250g asparagus or small courgette, blanched
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- 75g rocket leaves
- ½ cup/70g toasted almonds, sliced
- 1 side of salmon (about 900g), pin-boned with skin on
- Put 4 tablespoons of Barker's Italian Style Dressing in the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Cut the fennel tops off and set aside.
- Chop the fennel as finely and you can. (Tip: use a mandolin if you have one.)
- Add to the bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Slice the radish and asparagus or courgette as finely as possible and add to the bowl along with the pomegranate seeds, parsley, mint, fennel tops and rocket but do not mix the salad at this point. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Heat the oven to 200°C Line an oven tray with foil and oil well.
- Place the salmon, skin side down on the tray and brush with 2 tablespoons of dressing. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through, or to your liking.
- Place the salmon on a serving platter and brush with the remaining tablespoon of dressing.
- Add the toasted almonds to the vegetables and toss well. Scatter this over the salmon and serve any leftovers on the side.