Homemade Oat Biscuits and CheeseboardPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created by Kathy Paterson, create for NZ Cheese Month.
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (fine porridge oats)
- 75g butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Choose a selection of tasty and soft cheese, bake some homemade oat biscuits and serve on a wooden platter with our new Black Cherry & Pinot Noir Fruit for Cheese, seasonal fresh fruit, and walnuts.
- Aged cheddars - Kapiti Tuteremoana, Whitestone Totara Tasty
- Others - Meyer Goat's Milk Gouda
- Soft cheese - Whitestone Lindis Pass Brie, Whitestone Waitaki Camembert
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the rolled oats.
- In a small saucepan gently melt the butter and honey. Set aside to cool a little.
- Pour the egg and butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Divide mixture into half.
- On a lightly floured bench, roll each half, about 3mm thick. Using a plain 5cm biscuit cutter, cut out rounds. Place on the prepared trays and prick 2-3 times with a fork.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, turning trays halfway through baking, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.