Stuffed EggplantPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Recipe & Photo by Fresh.co.nz
- 2 eggplants
- avocado oil with garlic
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 bocconcini
- 4 dried figs, cut into chunks
- fresh oregano and basil
- Barker’s Cherry & Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthways. Use a knife to cut diagonal slits into the flesh, making sure to not cut right to the bottom. Drizzle with avocado oil, then bake in oven at for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the oven, then lay tomato halves and torn bocconcini over the tops. Season and grill for a further 5-10 minutes or until tomatoes have cooked and cheese has melted.
- Garnish with figs and herbs, drizzle with dressing and serve.