Grape and Walnut FlatbreadPRINT RECIPE
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dried yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 cups high-grade flour or bread flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus a few extra leaves to finish
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- flaky sea salt
- Place the sugar and yeast in a small bowl and pour over ¼ cup warm water. Leave in a warm place until frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Pour in the remaining warm water and the frothy yeast mixture. Knead for about 10 minutes until smooth. You can knead by hand if you do not have a mixer. Remove the dough and oil or flour the bowl, return dough, and cover the bowl with a clean tea towel. Leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Meanwhile, place the rosemary sprigs and oil in a small saucepan and place over low heat. Heat until aromatic then add the walnuts and heat through. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Preheat the oven until very hot - 240°C. Set the oven rack in the lower part of the oven. Flour a baking tray.
- Punch down the dough and tip out onto a lightly floured bench. Knead in the walnuts and 2 tablespoons of rosemary oil. Knead in most of the grapes. Roll the dough to about 20 x 30cm and place on the tray. Press the remaining grapes into the top of the dough. Drizzle with a further 2 tablespoons rosemary oil and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with the remaining rosemary oil.