Giant Sausage RollPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created by Nancy of Dunedin
- 450g sausage meat
- 1 jar of your favourite Barker's NZ Onion Marmalade (or your favourite Barker's chutney)
- 2 sheets flaky pastry
- 1 egg
- sesame, cumin, caraway seeds to sprinkle
- Mix the chutney and sausage meat well.
- Place half of the mixture on each pastry sheet in a log in the centre and fold pastry over to form a large roll.
- Seal the joins with a little water.
- Turn over so that the seam is underneath.
- Make several diagonal slashes through the pastry and brush with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle over some seeds, a mixture is nice.
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 200°C for 20-30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables and a dollop of the chutney you used in the roll.