Fruit & Bran LoafPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created by Marija Vidovich
- Serve with yoghurt or slather in butter.
- 2 cups dried fruit (ie. sultanas and chopped apricots)
- 2 cups bran
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Barker's Chunky NZ Apple Sauce
- 2 cups milk (whole or trim)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- Mix together dried fruit, bran, brown sugar, Chunky NZ Apple Sauce and milk; set aside for at least 20 minutes, or longer.
- Turn your oven to 150C.
- Prepare a loaf tin or 20cm round cake tin – I used spray oil and baking paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Mix together until combined. Like muffins, don’t over mix.
- Pour into the prepared tin and pop into the oven for 60-70 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, I cover with foil.
- Test at 60 minutes and cook for a further five-10 minutes if required. You’ll know it’s ready when it bounces back when you touch the middle (lightly) with your finger, a skewer comes out clean and it begins to come away from the side of the tin.
- Sit in tin the for 10 minutes before turning out.