Festive Fruit LoafPRINT RECIPE
Serves: 5 or more
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s Spiced Apricot & Orange Glaze
- 1/4 cup each of chopped walnuts, almonds and pistachios
- 1 cup dried fruits (red and green cherries, candied pineapple, apricots, figs)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 9 inch loaf tin with grease-proof baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chopped nuts and dried fruit into the flour mixture. Ensure they are coated well with flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs well. Mix in vanilla, Spiced Apricot & Orange Glaze and maple syrup.
- Make a well in the dry mix and pour the egg mix into the centre, folding through until well combined.
- Pour batter into loaf tin and press down the mixture with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Check after 50 minutes with a skewer (when it comes out clean the loaf is cooked through).
- Remove from oven and brush with Barker’s Spiced Apricot & Orange glaze while still hot.
- Allow to cool before serving.