Easy Beef StroganoffPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Gluten Free (depending on choice of serving suggestion)
- Add a pop of colour: Garnish stroganoﬀ with chopped fresh parsley.
- Fancy some veggies? Once steak has been seared, remove from pan. Add a little more oil to pan and sauté a thinly sliced onion and diced carrot until tender. Return steak to pan and add sauce.
- Beef schnitzel or beef stir fry are good swaps for beef steak. If you have plenty of time, use a more budget-friendly cut of beef, such as beef blade steak. Sear in pan, then transfer to a slow cooker with sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. You can add a little beef stock if sauce thickens too much.
- 500g beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Mushroom & Red Wine Meal Sauce
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Add steak and sear briefly, until just browned all over. Pour in Barker's NZ Mushroom & Red Wine Meal Sauce and simmer for 2 minutes, until piping hot.
- Serve beef stroganoﬀ over mashed potato, rice or fettuccine.