Easy Beef NachosPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- How about homemade nacho chips? These are a good one for kids to help out with! Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake. Brush 10 flour tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with a little smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stack tortillas on top of each other and cut into 8-10 wedges, like a pizza. Arrange chips in a single layer on baking paper lined oven trays and bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Leave to cool, then store in airtight containers or serve.
- Spice it up: Add a little chilli powder to the mince mixture. Top nachos with jalapeños or fresh sliced chilli.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 700g beef mince
- 1 beef stock cube
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Tomato with Blackbean Meal Sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 300g nacho chips (or see tips on how to make your own)
- diced tomatoes
- mashed avocado
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- fresh coriander
- lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high. Add mince and cook, breaking up into small pieces, until browned all over.
- Crumble in stock cube and stir to combine.
- Pour in Barker’s NZ Tomato with Blackbean Meal Sauce and simmer rapidly for 10 minutes, until sauce has reduced to your preferred consistency.
- While mince simmers, prepare your toppings.
- Season cooked mince with salt and pepper to taste. Pile nacho chips up with mince mixture and toppings. Serve immediately.