Easter Brioche BunniesPRINT RECIPE
Barker’s Caramel Chocolate Dulce de Leche is the perfect partner for these adorable Easter Brioche Bunnies – easy to make with the kids and great for a special time of year!
- 125g milk
- 10g dried yeast
- 3 eggs
- 300g hard flour
- 8g sugar
- 4g salt
- 125g butter well softened and cubed
- 100g Barker's Dulce de Leche Caramel Chocolate
- 100g dark chocolate drops
- Cream for serving
- Heat the milk in the microwave until lukewarm. 37 degrees is good.
- Add the yeast to the milk and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the yeast and milk mixture into your stand mixer bowl.
- Turn stand mixer on low and add one egg at a time.
- Add the salt, sugar and flour and mix on a medium speed for 10 minutes or until it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add the butter one cube at a time with your mixer on a medium speed until all the butter is incorporated and the dough smooth.
- Cover with glad wrap and place somewhere to rise until it has doubled in size. This will take about an hour.
- When doubled in size roll out onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll dough into two 20 cm by 30cm oblongs about 5mm thick.
- On one of the pieces of dough spread the Barker's Dulce de Leche Caramel Chocolate spread and sprinkle over the chocolate drops. Leave about 1cm on each edge so it will stick to the tops sheet of dough.
- Place the other piece of dough on top and use a fork to press the edges together.
- With a sharp knife cut strips of the dough about 2cm in width.
- Take a strip and twist it twice to make it into the bunny shape.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place the bunny twists onto a lined tray and place in a warm spot to rise for another 30 minutes or until slightly puffy.
- Cook bunnies for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool down slightly and then squirt a little bit of cream on them to make the tail.