Dulce de Leche BrowniesPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 9 large brownies or 12 smaller brownies
Photo & Recipe by @lipsmackingfood.com
- 8 Tbsp (115g) salted butter, cubed
- 170g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 400g jar of Barker's Dulce de Leche
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line an 8-inch baking pan with baking paper or aluminium foil, making sure it overhangs on the sides to create 'handles'. Place a second piece in the opposite direction, so you form a 'cross'. Grease the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- Over a double boiler, melt butter. Reduce heat to a simmer and add chocolate and stir constantly until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa powder. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sugar and vanilla. Add flour and be careful not to over-mix. Fold in nuts with a spatula.
- Scrape half of the batter into prepared pan. Add heaping spoonfuls of the dulce de leche evenly spaced over. Then gently swirl together with a knife. Add remaining brownie batter, then add remaining dulce de leche on top. Again, use a knife to gently swirl through.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Start checking the brownies at 30 minutes. The brownies are done when the center feels slightly firm. Remove from oven and cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Once cool, cut into squares. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Brownies can be frozen for up to 2 months.