Duck, Cress & Coriander SaladPRINT RECIPE
When you buy your 1/2 Peking duck ask the supplier remove the bones for you.
During the summer season you may have a few fresh cherries (instead of the pomegranate seeds) and cutting them in half and removing the stone you can add them to this super salad. It is so easy as there is no cooking, just picking up duck from a Chinese eatery and buying salad greens. The cherry and balsamic vinaigrette goes beautifully with the duck.
- ½ cooked Peking duck (from Asian eatery)
- 4-5 cups baby cos lettuce/watercress/rocket, washed
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- 12 fresh cherries, halved and stone removed or ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, skinned and thinly sliced
- ½ red or yellow capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- a small handful fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint (optional)
- ½ cup Barker’s Cherry and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- While the meat is still warm/room temperature assemble the salad.
- On a large platter place the salad greens and then the duck and all the remaining ingredients except the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve with more in a small jug on the side - as it is always better to lightly drizzle with dressing prior to serving and then adding extra lusciousness when on your plate !