Deb’s Fruit Compote MuffinsPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 16-20 muffins
Recipe & Photo by Debbie Oulsnam
- 3 cups flour (or gluten free flour)
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g butter, melted & cooled
- 1 ¼ cups Barker’s Boysenberry & Blackcurrant with Chia Fruit Compote
- ½ cup flour (or gluten free flour)
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 50g softened butter
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To make crumble topping: sift flour into a bowl and stir in sugar. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- To make muffin mix: sift flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Stir through chocolate chips and make a well in the centre.
- In a jug mix together eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients the fold through melted butter and fruit compote.
- Three quarters fill approximately 16 - 20 well-greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of crumble mixture on top of each.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until well risen, golden and cooked.
- Cool in tins for 5 mins before transferring to a cake rack and serving.