Cranberry & Brie Pastry SpiralPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Recipe & Photo by Fresh Fast
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1/2 cup Barker's Cranberry Jelly
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 wheel brie
- egg wash
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out thawed pastry. Use a bowl to trace two large circles and trim to form two rounds.
- Place one pastry round on baking tray lined with grease-proof paper. Spread generously with Cranberry Jelly to cover completely. Sprinkle with thyme and season.
- Cut a smaller circle (using the brie to form your shape) in the centre of the second piece of pastry and discard the inner circle. Place the donut shaped pastry over cranberry layer.
- Using a knife, cut vertical lines (3cm wide) in the pastry from the inner circle to the outside. Work your way around the circle until complete.
- Twist each pastry piece to create a spiral effect around the brie. Brush with egg wash and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place the brie wheel in the centre and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is gooey to touch and the pastry is golden. Serve immediately.