Coco-Nutty Granola & Chia PuddingPRINT RECIPE
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s Peach, Mango & Passionfruit fruit compote
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter (or substitute for almond or macadamia nut butter)
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp rolled golden flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Barker’s Peach, Mango & Passionfruit fruit compote
- Assorted seasonal fruits
- Make chia pudding by placing chia seeds, coconut milk, water, Fruit Compote, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a bowl. Mix well and refrigerate for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To make granola, preheat oven to 180◦C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper. In a small bowl, melt together coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut butter. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add rolled oats, macadamia nuts, almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, rolled golden flax seeds and hemp seeds. Stir to combine.
- Pour in melted coconut oil mixture and mix until oats and nuts are evenly coated in the coconut oil mixture. Pour mixture onto lined baking tray and spread out evenly. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool on the oven tray so that clusters form. Once the granola has cooled, break into chunks and store in an airtight jar until ready for use.
- To assemble the dish, place 1/3 – ¼ of the chia pudding in a bowl, then top with fresh fruit, more Fruit Compote and 1/3 cup of coco-nutty granola.