Chipotle MeatballsPRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Photo by Angie Trinh (@feedmeichi)
- 250g beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 bottle of Barker’s Chipotle Sauce
- 1 can of 400g crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Place mince, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic and oregano in a large mixing bowl and using your hands, mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of the meatball mixture and roll into a ball and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat up one tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Place half of the meatballs in the pan and cook them till they’re lightly browned all over. Set aside on a plate and repeat with the other half of the meatballs. You may need to extra olive oil to the pan.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil into the same frying pan and gently sauté onions and garlic until the onion starts to soften. Pour in the bottle of Chipotle Sauce, can of tomatoes and water. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the meatballs back into the frying pan and simmer the sauce on low heat for 25 minutes. During this time, regularly spoon sauce over the meatballs to stop them from drying out.
- Serve the meatballs warm on mashed potato or with rice or pasta.