Chicken KebabsPRINT RECIPE
This Chicken Kebabs recipe is family-friendly and a great way to get kids to eat veges. Perfect for summer and easily adaptable with different proteins to keep every BBQ fan happy.
Prep: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour to marinate chicken
Cook: 10 minutes
Recipe created by Fiona Smith
Imagery by Josie at @yourultimatemenu
- 500g boneless chicken, cubed
- 375g Barker’s Tomato BBQ Rib Meal Sauce
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 capsicums, cut into large chunks
- Olive oil spray
- Put the chicken in a bowl with the Barker’s Tomato BBQ Rib Meal Sauce and combine well. Leave to marinate for up to 1 hour in a cool place, or overnight in the fridge, covering the bowl.
- Pre-heat BBQ to hot.
- Add the courgettes and capsicum to the marinated chicken and toss to coat.
- Thread the vegetables and chicken onto your skewers, alternating the ingredients as you go, and spray them with olive oil.
- BBQ for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
Tips and tricks/other usage ideas:
- If you don’t have olive oil spray to hand, brush olive oil over the kebabs instead with a basting brush, taking care to clean it thoroughly in hot soapy water once you’ve finished.
- Any sauce left from the marinating process can be brought to the boil in a small saucepan, simmered for 5 minutes and then served with the skewers as an extra sauce on the side, or drizzled on top.
- This recipe is delicious served with potatoes or rice, or wrapped in flatbreads with salad on the side.
- Feel like a change? Replace the chicken with beef, pork or lamb which all work well.
- For a vegetarian version, marinate halloumi or firm tofu in half the meal sauce, setting the balance aside. Brush more sauce over the halloumi or tofu at the end of cooking, then serve.