Chicken Filo PiePRINT RECIPE
- For a flavoursome eastern twist, omit the herbs and use Barker’s Spiced Eggplant Chutney.
- You may wish to brown the chicken pieces first before adding to the cooled mushroom mixture, particularly if you are wanting to adapt the recipe and serve as ‘chicken pots’ or filo pastry parcels, to ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- 12 filo pastry sheets
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 250g sliced button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Barker’s Sundried Tomato & Olive Chutney
- 2 Tbsp chopped marjoram or oregano
- 500g boneless chicken pieces
- 250g crème fraiche
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 Tbsp melted butter (or olive oil in a spray can)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Simmer the onions in oil until softened and transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Sundried Tomato & Olive Chutney and the herbs and leave to cool.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and toss into the mushroom mixture.
- Add the crème fraiche and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush 8 sheets of filo pastry with butter (or spray with oil) and place in a 24 cm greased flan tin.
- Fill the pastry with the chicken and mushroom mixture.
- Flip the overhanging filo pastry edges into the centre.
- Brush the remaining sheets of filo with butter (or spray with oil) and place on top of the pie. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you have them.
- Bake at 190⁰C for 40 mins.