Chicken EscalopePRINT RECIPE
Recipe modified from chef Paul Jobin
- Mozzarella is a good alternative to Bocconcini.
- Slice chicken diagonally to serve.
- 4 uncrumbed chicken schnitzel slices (or 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced to make 4)
- 1/2 cup Barker's Sundried Tomato & Olive Chutney
- 2 Bocconcini cheese balls, sliced
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour, sieved onto tray
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup couscous, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup currants, soaked until plump, in English Breakfast Tea
- 1/4 cup toasted whole almonds
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp Barker's Sundried Tomato & Olive Chutney
- Spread the chutney over half the schnitzel or breast slices and top with 2 slices of Bocconcini cheese.
- Fold in half to form a package.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan and seasoning to make a light batter.
- Pat the chicken parcels on both sides in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan.
- Coat the chicken in the batter and panfry on medium heat on both sides until cooked.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients and place a mound of the couscous mix on individual plates.
- Top with the chicken.