Cheesy Pinwheel SconesPRINT RECIPE
Makes 10-12 scones
Ready in about 40 minutes
Recipe created by My Food Bag – Bargain Box
- 5 cups plain flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 80g butter
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pack Barker’s of Geraldine Antipasto (any flavour)
- 1.5 cup Colby cheese, grated
- Before you start. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-bake). Prep cheese and set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the centre.
- Add wet ingredients. Add butter, yoghurt and milk to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Knead dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and gently knead for about 1 minute, until smooth and combined. Add a little bit of milk if needed.
- Roll dough. Lay a piece of baking paper (approx. 40cm long) on a flat surface. Place dough on top and using a rolling pin to roll flat into a rectangle, until about 1cm thick. Spread with Barker’s Antipasto, leaving about 5cm at the top, and sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Roll pinwheels. Use the paper to help you roll up the dough, pulling the paper back as you do so. You should be left with a log of dough. Slice log into 3cm rounds.
- Bake pinwheels. Place slices onto 1-2 lined oven trays, cut side up. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Switch trays halfway to ensure even cooking. Allow to sit for 5 minutes (if you can wait!) before eating.