Blueberry SorbetPRINT RECIPE
Serves: per person
- Blueberries are a must in this recipe as their jelly-like flesh blends into a smooth and creamy sorbet. Combining half blueberries and half other frozen summer fruit will result in a slightly granular texture but still very delicious. Try strawberries, peaches, apricots, plums, raspberries, boysenberries.
- Making enough for 3-4 people at a time is ideal as the extra weight of the fruit stops the berries jumping around.
- 1/2-2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Barker's Squeezed Blackcurrants & Blueberries with Elderflower
- Place the berries and fruit syrup into a food processor or blender and blend in 30 second intervals. Scrape down the sides between each blitzing. Continue until a smooth sorbet consistency is achieved. This can take several minutes to become completely lump-free.
- Immediately scoop into little serving cups or bowls to serve straight away - or placed in the freezer for 3 hours until firm.
- To serve the frozen sorbet remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before scooping so to soften (the low sugar content means the sorbet freezes very solidly).