Blood Orange & Basil CocktailPRINT RECIPE
Recipe by Fiona Smith.
Create a beautiful summer cocktail with Squeezed Blood Oranges, Lime & Bitters and some sparkling water – plus a dash of your favourite gin or vodka if you prefer – the perfect refreshment for any occasion.
- Barker’s Squeezed Blood Oranges with Lime & Bitters Syrup
- Basil or mint leaves (we used mini basil leaves)
- Sparkling water or soda
- Vodka or gin (optional)
- To garnish: slices of orange or blood orange
- Put a few basil or mini leaf basil leaves in a glass with 30-50ml of Barker’s Blood Oranges with Lime & Bitters and muddle together with a spoon.
- Scoop out the basil if you prefer and discard.
- Top with ice, then water or sparkling water.
- Add vodka or gin if you fancy, or more Blood Oranges syrup to taste.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil and slices of regular or blood orange.
Tip: For a festive look, before you create your drink, combine some crushed freeze-dried raspberry with sugar on a plate. Pour some syrup onto another plate. Dip the glass rim in the cordial, then into the raspberry/sugar mix.