Blackcurrant Velvet MoussePRINT RECIPE
No product matching your criteria.
After we launched our signature blackcurrant syrup in 1981 a customer designed this recipe to use the syrup and gave it to my mother. The depth of flavour and colour from the blackcurrant is perfectly suited to cut through the richness of the dairy.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour inactive
Photo by: My Mother’s Kitchen cook book
- 300ml cream
- 200g cream cheese
- 150g caster sugar
- 80ml Barker's Squeezed Blackcurrants & Blueberries with Elderflower fruit syrup
- 20ml brandy
- Prepare the mousse: in a medium bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks and set aside
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a medium sized bowl with electric beater, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in cordial and brandy until fully incorporated.
- Use a silicon spatula or large metal spoon to carefully fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Divide mousse between individual dishes or glasses, or spoon into one large mould. Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight to set.
- Prepare topping: stir together topping ingredients and spoon over the mousse before serving.