Blackcurrant MoussePRINT RECIPE
Recipe was created for us by Martyna, The Wholesome Cook
- 1¾ teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 3 Tbsps boiling water
- 2/3 cup Barker’s Lite Squeezed NZ Blackcurrant fruit syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh or whipping cream
- 3 Tbsps maple syrup, optional
- a few mint leaves or baby mint sprigs
- In a small bowl dissolve gelatine with boiling water. Add dissolved gelatine to the Lite Squeezed NZ Blackcurrant fruit syrup, mix well and allow to stand in a cool place or in the fridge while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and whip to stiff peaks. Place cream in a separate bowl and whip to stiff peaks. Add the whipped cream to the whipped egg whites, add maple syrup, if using and chilled blackcurrant and gelatine syrup mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Divide mousse between 6 serving glasses and place back in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Remove from the fridge and top each tartlet with a little lime zest before serving. Serve a couple of mint leaves or sprigs of baby mint on the side.