Blackcurrant Bliss BallsPRINT RECIPE
- For Choc-currant Bliss Balls add 4 Tbsp cacao along with dates mixture as well, plus an extra 10ml (2 tsp) of blackcurrant juice.
- You can use different combination of nuts and seeds but we recommend use at least 1 cup cashews.
- 1 packed cup dates
- boiling water
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 80ml Barker's Unsweetened Blackadder Blackcurrant Juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey or Maple (optional)
- desiccated coconut or cacao, to coat
- Place dates into a small bowl and just cover with boiling water. Soak for 10-15 minutes. Pour off excess water. (If using Medjool dates, no soaking is required).
- Place cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds into food processor, process until the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add dates, chia seeds and blackcurrant juice to food processor and process until mixture starts to clump together. Scrape down the sides and repeat until well mixed and coming together into a ball.
- Roll spoonfuls into balls then roll in desiccated coconut or cacao. Will keep for 7-10 days in an airtight container in the fridge.