BBQ Jerk JackfruitPRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Image by Lauren Marino (@lm_nutrition)
- 1 brown onion, diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 1 can of Jackfruit, drained
- 1/4 cup Barker's Nine Spice BBQ Jerk Sauce
- Saute the onion in olive oil on a medium heat until soft, add the mushrooms and saute until the onion has browned.
- Add the jackfruit and BBQ sauce and cover on a low to medium heat. Keep covered, stirring every couple of minutes, for 15-20 minutes. The jackfruit should be soft and easy to pull apart.
- Remove the lid and saute on a high heat for 2-3 minutes while pulling apart the jackfruit with 2 forks - this caramelises the sauce and creates a deeper flavour.
- Remove from the heat. Serve in a salad bowl, or use in a burger or wrap.