Bang Bang Chicken CupsPRINT RECIPE
This Bang Bang chicken recipe is packed with smokey barbecued flavour, served with a punchy sauce in a crispy lettuce cup – the ultimate summer dinner.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Recipe and photo by Fresh Factory
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or gluten free tamari soy sauce)
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 8 iceberg lettuce cups
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 telegraph cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Barker’s Not So Sweet Chilli Sauce, to drizzle
- In a bowl, rub chicken thighs with a drizzle of oil and five spice powder. Leave to marinade while preparing sauce.
- In a small pot combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, chilli and water. Set over a medium heat, whisking until combined and warmed through.
- Cook thighs on a BBQ or grill pan until crispy and cooked through.
- To serve, roughly chop the chicken thighs and place inside the lettuce cups. Nestle in the cucumber and carrot, then spoon over peanut sauce and drizzle with Not So Sweet Chilli. Serve immediately.