Baked Eggplant Chicken with RosemaryPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 4 generous servings, or more if served sliced.
- 4 chicken breasts (skin on)
- small handful fresh herbs: rosemary, thyme or tarragon
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp Barker's Spiced Eggplant Chutney
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Mix all filling ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Using the tip of a small knife, cut a pocket into the middle of each chicken breast, then evenly fill each chicken breast with the chutney filling.
- Heat a frying pan, drizzled with olive oil. Place the chicken breasts skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden. Turn over and repeat for the underside.
- Place fresh herbs into a baking dish, top with the chicken breasts and any oil from the fry pan, water and finally season with salt and milled pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven, bake for approximately 18 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.