Baked Apples with Vegan Cream Cheese StuffingPRINT RECIPE
Recipe & Photo by I AM CO
- 4 medium apples, cored
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water for four hours then drained
- grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts - hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, roughly chopped
- Barker's Dessert Sauce of choice
- Heat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place cored apples onto tray.
- Place the drained cashews, lemon rind, juice, dates, vanilla and coconut flour into a high powered blender and blitz until a smooth consistency is reached. You may need to add another tablespoon of water to loosen it. Using a spatula, scrape the sides of the mixer and blitz again.
- Fill each apple with the cashew cream cheese mixture and scatter the chopped nuts on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Place on serving dishes and drizzle with Barker's Dessert Sauce.