Asian Style Whole Baked Blue CodPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created for us by Dianne McDonald
- If Blue Cod is unavailable, Snapper can be used.
- To avoid overcooking, always cook fish medium rare, as it continues to cook after you remove it from oven.
- Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice to bring freshness and acidity to the dish
- 1 whole Blue Cod 1kg, scaled and gutted
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup low salt soy sauce (or gluten free tamari soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp Barker's Red Pepper & Chilli Jelly
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Barker's Red Pepper & Chilli Jelly
- a handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 190 °C bake. Prepare the fish by rinsing under a cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place fish in a dish lined with baking paper. Rub salt all over whole fish.
- Stuff the fish cavity with lemon slices, half of the garlic, ginger and butter. Cover fish with baking paper and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check after 25 minutes to avoid overcooking.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, Red Pepper & Chilli Jelly, and the remaining ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and cool.
- Remove fish from oven and rest for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over the fish and garnish.