Apricot Lamb with Israeli CouscousPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Add a garnish: Try chopped fresh Italian or regular parsley. Fresh mint would also work well.
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 200g Israeli couscous
- 1/2 Tbsp chicken stock powder dissolved in 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 500g lamb leg steaks
- salt and pepper, to season
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Apricot with Chickpea Meal Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- 60g baby spinach
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add couscous and cook until lightly browned (approx 2 minutes). Pour in stock mixture, bring to the boil, then turn heat down to medium-low and cover with a lid. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed and couscous is tender.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 tablespoon oil to a large frying pan on medium-high. Season lamb with salt and pepper and sear for a couple of minutes each side until browned. Turn heat down to medium and pour Barker’s NZ Apricot with Chickpea Meal Sauce over the top.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, honey and mustard to make a dressing. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add dressing, cucumber, feta and spinach to cooked couscous and toss to combine. Serve couscous topped with lamb (slice the lamb into strips if desired) and a generous drizzle of sauce.