Apricot Chicken CasserolePRINT RECIPE
- 1 cup Barker’s Spiced NZ Apricot with Mango sauce
- 1 kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Barker’s Spiced NZ Apricot with Mango sauce
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1 cup cubed carrots
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine 1 cup of Spiced NZ Apricot with Mango Sauce and light soy sauce in a bowl and add cubed chicken pieces. Toss to coat well with marinade then rest, covered in the fridge, for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heal. Add the red onion, garlic and remaining Spiced NZ Apricot with Mango Sauce. Stir until fragrant and the red onion begins to soften.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before stirring (this will help brown and seal the chicken). Then stir for 6-8 minutes to brown. Allow the sauce to coat the chicken pieces completely.
- Transfer chicken and sauce into an oven proof casserole dish. Add potatoes, carrots, mixed vegetables and tomato paste. Add ¼ cup of water, or more if necessary, to thin the sauce slightly. Season to taste.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.