Apricot Chicken BakePRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Gluten Free (depending on choice of serving suggestion)
- Chopped fresh parsley or thyme makes a nice addition for a garnish.
- Quick pan method: Swap bone-in chicken thighs for 600g boneless chicken. Pan fry until browned. Add veggies and sauce to pan. Simmer for 20 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.5kg bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to season
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Apricot with Chickpea Meal Sauce
- 2 carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- rice or couscous, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Rub oil over chicken and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan on medium-high and sear chicken for a couple of minutes each side.
- Pour half the Barker’s NZ Apricot with Chickpea Meal Sauce into the base of a large roasting dish.
- Place the carrots, capsicum and onion on top. Pour remaining sauce over the top, then place the chicken on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Serve on rice or couscous.