Apple Sauce MuffinsPRINT RECIPE
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg (size 8)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cups Barker’s Chunky NZ Apple Sauce
- 1 cup diced Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C. Place muffin liners or spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Prepare the crumble topping by mixing all the ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar, milk, vanilla essence, egg and mix well. Fold through Chunky NZ Apple Sauce and diced apples.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir only to combine. Do not over-mix.
- Fill each muffin mold with ¼ cup of batter.
- Sprinkle each muffin with approx. 2 Tbsp of crumble topping
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 15 minutes.
- Let tin cool for 5 minutes before removing and serve.