Apple Coconut Loaf
- If the top of the loaf is browning too quickly it is a good idea to loosely cover the top of the loaf tin with cooking foil.
- 100g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups flour (or gluten free flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup long thread coconut
- 1 jar Barker's Chunky NZ Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup long thread coconut (extra)
BACK TO RECIPES
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the bottom/sides of a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Add and mix in the vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Add the dry ingredients, fold in the coconut and Chunky NZ Apple Sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin. Sprinkle with the extra coconut, pressing down gently into the mixture.
- Bake for approx 1 1/4 hours until cooked (test with a skewer into the centre so it comes out clean).
- Leave in the tin for 15 minutes to cool before turning out onto cooling rack.
- Cut and serve.