Anzac-Inspired Lockdown SlicePRINT RECIPE
Many Kiwi households find themselves without plain flour. This slice embraces homemade Oat Flour and substitutes sugar and golden syrup with Barker’s Dulce de Leche.
As an approximate measure, one cup of whole oats blend down into approx one cup of oat flour with the aid of a kitchen whizz. The finished result has the texture of wholegrain flour, and a tasty addition to this oaty slice.
Photo & Recipe by Julie @rediscover.co.nz
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup Barker's Dulce de Leche
- 100g butter
- dark chocolate, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper.
- Use a kitchen whizz to blend one cup of whole oats into a fine oat flour.
- In a bowl mix together dry ingredients – oat flour, whole oats and coconut.
- Over a low heat, melt butter and Dulce de Leche together in a saucepan, stirring until combined into a thick sauce-like texture.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet, and mix together well.
- Press mixture into the baking tin with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin before slicing. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.