ANZAC Berry Sandwich CookiePRINT RECIPE
Recipe and photo by La Gallette
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup plain, all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 350g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp Barker's Squeezed NZ Blackcurrant fruit syrup
- 2-4 tsp whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the rolled oats, plain flour, desiccated coconut, caster and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the unsalted butter and golden syrup in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Pour into the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into a ball and press down with your fingertips. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool completely before sandwiching with the blackcurrant filling
- Place the icing sugar and Squeezed NZ Blackcurrant fruit syrup in a bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the milk, stirring until a thick icing consistency (almost like thick cream). Add little or more milk until the consistency is achieved.