Meet Michael Barker – the man behind Barker’s of Geraldine
To mark our 50th year of business we have a special opportunity for two Barker’s fans to visit us here in Geraldine.
The Barker family name is synonymous with Geraldine after Anthony Barker and his wife Gillian started preserving and bottling local fruits in 1969. From humble beginnings, the desire to be different and to explore new and better methods has been in our DNA for generations.
After 50 years of business there are a lot of stories to be told… a lot of learnings to share, a lot of memories to cherish, a lot of laughs to be had and many proud moments to revisit. Who better than to re-tell them, than Michael Barker himself, current Chairman and son of founder, late Anthony Barker.
Be in to win the opportunity for a very special weekend for two:
*COMPETITION NOW CLOSED* Congratulations to Rachelle Haslegrave
- The prize includes return airfares to Christchurch from anywhere in New Zealand, collection of a rental car to enjoy a leisurely drive along the picturesque scenic route to Geraldine, just two hours from the airport. You’ll be free to explore the township by foot or enjoy some of the many regional activities within a short drive of town.
- With such stunning scenery, rivers, gorges and mountains right on our doorstep, there is much on offer in and around Geraldine. Three rivers snake their way through the district; the mighty Rangitata that rises in the Southern Alps and the Waihi and Orari, both with their sources inland in the majestic Four Peaks range. Peel Forest, Pioneer Park and Talbot Forest offer the chance to walk through native bush with a beautiful soundtrack of bellbirds and warblers.
- Re-energise and enjoy one of the extensive beverage offerings at Barker’s Foodstore & Eatery and take your time to explore our large and delicious menu. The peaceful Rhododendron Dell Walkway, located on our backdoor step and winding its way along the Waihi River, is a fabulous way to let lunch settle.
- Meet back at the beautifully restored heritage boutique accommodation, The Vicarage Geraldine. Take time out with Michael Barker over drinks in the Vicar’s sitting room where he can share a story or two about the last 50 years growing a family business on a corner of the original family farm. There are many intriguing stories to share! Then settle into your Deluxe Room for the evening, with superking bed and private ensuite.
- After a restful sleep, your free time must include a shopping spree, on us, at the Barker’s Foodstore to stock up on your favourites before heading home.
- CRITERIA: you must have a New Zealand address and be over 18 years old to enter.
- TO ENTER: email email@example.com OR comment on our Facebook or Instagram posts with a question you’d love to ask Michael Barker in person.
- DATES: Opens 4 November 2019, Closes 11 November 2019 11.59pm, drawn 12 November 2019 10am.
- PRIZE DETAILS: 1 x grand prize which includes:
- Domestic return airfares for two, from any New Zealand airport to Christchurch airport (seat and one check in bag per person)
- Two-day Avis car hire (full size sedan)
- Voucher $150: lunch for two at our new Barker’s Foodstore & Eatery
- Voucher $100: shopping spree at our Foodstore located at 71 Talbot St, Geraldine
- Drinks and a natter with Michael Barker, along with a signed copy of ’50 Years Preserved’, written by Michael Barker
- One night stay at The Vicarage Geraldine in a Deluxe room
- This is a game of chance. Winners will be drawn at random by judges from Barker’s of Geraldine. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner will be advised by email or private message then announced shortly afterwards on this webpage and/or social media.
- Prize to be redeemed by 4 August 2020 at a time convenient for the winner and Barker’s of Geraldine. Barker’s of Geraldine will book on your behalf for your preferred dates.
- Fully licensed drivers, over the age of 25 only, may redeem the car hire portion of the prize. Car insurance cover is not included.
- Employees of Barker’s of Geraldine, immediate family members thereof, and employees of the agency involved will not be permitted to participate in this contest.
- The Organisers will contact the winner via Facebook, Instagram or email (whichever channel was used to enter the competition) to arrange for prize delivery after the promotion is over and the winner has been determined. If the winner does not contact or reply within two working days, the Organisers have the right to choose the next available winner without any prize replacement to the original winner.
- The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify all entries that are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive to other users. The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw competition or amend dates if required.
- Judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name and/or photo may be published on our website and via social media channels.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable.
- Barker’s of Geraldine competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- This competition is run by Barker’s of Geraldine who may be contacted via email here.
- As a condition of participating in a promotion, the winner indemnifies the Promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with that promotion against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees on a solicitor and client basis) which the Promoter may incur arising out of the winner’s participation in the Promotion and/or participation in a prize, howsoever caused.