What to do with left-over ham
If serving ham on the bone, the odds are you’ll have plenty of ham left over. We look at creative ways to enjoy it for days to come!
Ham and Poached Eggs
Top slices of grilled or pan-fried ham with an egg and serve on an English muffin or toast, with Barker’s Blackcurrant & Red Onion Jelly alongside.
- Pulse 1-2 cups of cooked ham in food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or sour cream and 1/2 cup Barker’s Peach & Mango Chutney (or Barker’s Capsicum & Apricot Chutney).
- As a colourful addition, stir in 1/4 cup finely diced celery.
Grilled Ham Slices
- Brush ham slices with Barker’s Lemon, Honey & Ginger fruit syrup and BBQ or grill.
- Add some lemon or lime slices to the BBQ at the same time.
Ham PizzasSimply spread a pizza base with your favourite Barker’s chutney or Barker’s Spiced NZ Apricot & Mango Sauce, add diced ham and grated ham. Delicious.Barker’s Capsicum & Apricot Chutney before adding a diced ham, egg mixture and your favourite seasonal vegetables. So easy! Barker’s Peach & Mango Chutney (or Barker’s Blackcurrant & Red Onion Jelly). Similar to a bacon buttie – but even better!
And more ways to use ham left-overs!
- Slow-cook ham bone for an authentic Pea & Ham soup (to freeze for winter months if necessary)
- Fried Rice with diced ham folded through
- Pasta Bake
- BBQ kebabs
- Ham and Egg Pies!