About The Role:Employment Type: Permanent
Rare opportunity for an enthusiastic Quality Assurance professional to join a progressive, multinational-backed manufacturer of some of NZ’s most iconic food products.
Barker’s are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join their manufacturing site which is still based on a corner of the original family farm in the South Canterbury town of Geraldine.
- Key position in maintaining the quality of our iconic products
- Lead a well-established and highly effective team
- Lifestyle location
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager and leading a team of 8 you will be the quality and food safety lead for the company. As such you will oversee the maintenance and improvement of the Quality Systems for the Geraldine Factory and warehouse as well as drive continuous improvement for our manufacturing practices and products. You will be responsible for leading Barker’s compliance to recognised local and international food standards, Australian New Zealand Food Standards Code, and customer standards.
In an organisation where cross functional communication and teamwork are vital, your customer focus, relationship building, team leadership and drive will be as important as your quality and compliance knowledge. You will be a confident decision maker and motivated by coaching and growing people.
About The Company:
Barker’s are a family-owned and thriving food manufacturer making world class jams, chutneys, syrups and condiments under their Barker’s and Anathoth Farm brands. Being proud of their South Island roots and strong values of integrity; Barker’s stand for the best tasting food, created with genuine care for the future of our people, our community and our environment.
They are a part of Andros, a global network of 35 food processing subsidiaries, and employ around 250 staff locally.
If you have the following attributes and experience, we’d be very excited to hear from you:
- Tertiary science qualification with a major in food science, microbiology, chemistry or similar
- Minimum of 5 years QA experience within the food industry
- Extensive experience with Quality/Food Safety systems and the mindset to build a strategy
- Internal auditing experience and strong knowledge of NZ food legislation
- Highly effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Hands on approach to continuous quality improvements
- A passion for systems and high attention to detail
- A passion for staff leadership and development
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great team in a stimulating and rewarding work environment and also enjoy the excellent remuneration and benefits that an established company offers.
Sound Like You?
Are you ready to go places with your career?
Please send your CV and cover letter to Sam Crocker, HR Specialist, email@example.com or phone Sam for a confidential discussion 027 223-5671.
BACK TO EMPLOYMENT