Blackcurrant Hot ToddyPRINT RECIPE
- For extra ‘warmth’ add 1/2 cup of rum to pot before serving.
- Top with 2 tbsp of whipped cream – it tastes like blackcurrant pie!
- This recipe also works well with other Barker’s Blackcurrant blends of fruit syrup – or for a low calorie alternative, try Barker’s Lite Squeezed NZ Blackcurrants.
- 1/2 cup Barker’s Squeezed NZ Blackcurrant fruit syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or liquid honey
- 3 cups water
- 6 each whole cloves and cardamoms
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, sliced
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot in mugs or heatproof glasses.