Blackcurrant Tea TonicPRINT RECIPE
- If you have any vanilla beans you can chop these up or use the whole pod; alternatively you could also use the seeds of one fresh vanilla pod
- Try this recipe using any Barker’s blackcurrant fruit syrup blend.
- 2 cups water
- 2 rooibos tea bags, or 1 Tbsp loose leaf rooibos tea
- ¼ cup Barker’s Squeezed NZ Blackcurrants fruit syrup
- 2 tsp Manuka honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or seeds
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
- Bring water to the boil, add 2 cups of boiling water to rooibos tea and allow to infuse for five minutes.
- Add tea to small saucepan, add Squeezed NZ Blackcurrants fruit syrup, honey, coconut oil, vanilla powder or seeds and mint leaves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes, then turn off heat and allow to infuse for five minutes.
- Strain and before serving, give the tonic a good mix as the coconut oil will naturally come to the surface.
- Serve with a few fresh mint leaves.