Baked BriePRINT RECIPE
TIP: We prefer to use a ‘brie in box’ to ensure the brie when melted holds it shape and form. Check the specialty cheese fridge of your local store. Brie without a box is still OK, but be prepared for an amazing gooey, cheesy experience!
- 200g brie
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Baker's Black Cherry & Vanilla with Apple Fruit Compote
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 150g gourmet crackers
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 160ºC fan-forced.
- Remove and discard the brie wrapping. If using 'brie in a box', discard the wrapping and place cheese back in the box and tie some string tightly round the box to keep it intact.
- Pierce the top of the cheese in several places with a sharp knife and insert pieces of garlic and sprigs of thyme into the slits.
- Drizzle the cheese with olive oil and place on a baking sheet, and bake in oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is runny in centre.
- Remove from the oven and place on a board, remove garlic if you wish, top with 1/2 cup Black Cherry & Vanilla with Apple Fruit Compote, a few walnuts and the thyme sprigs.
- Serve immediately with cracks and extra walnuts and fruit compote.