NZ Blackcurrant Trivia: Tiny but Mighty
Let’s drink to a well winter!Did you know…
- Blackcurrants are packed with a range of healthy compounds, including massive doses of the antioxidant, vitamin C.
- Blackcurrants have around four times more vitamin C than oranges and 16 times more than blueberries.
- When consumed as part of a healthy diet, vitamin C contributes to the normal immune system function, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, cell protection from free radical damage and normal psychological function.
- Your body can’t produce and poorly stores vitamin C, so you need to take it in regularly.
- Unsweetened Blackcurrant juice contains 100% New Zealand bred and grown Blackadder blackcurrants, making waves in scientific research for its antioxidant qualities.
- There are more than 1200 squeezed Blackadder blackcurrants in every bottle of Barker’s Unsweetened Blackadder Blackcurrant juice!
A dash a day’ll do ya!The beauty of Unsweetened Blackadder Blackcurrant juice is that you can enjoy hot or cold, undiluted as a health shot, or sweetened to taste. It can be initially tart on the tastebuds but after many customers tell us they love it that way
Life by you, Berries by NZFor a refined taste, without the refined sugar, our customers are kick-starting their day with Berrylife. Part of our ‘no refined sugar’ range, it contains squeezed NZ grown blackcurrants and boysenberries and sweetened with concentrated pear juice.
Berrylife contains no preservatives, no added colours or flavours, no refined sugar, no artificial sweeteners yet a delicious source of antioxidants, including Vitamin C and polyphenols. Watch out for our new look labels instore now.